Staying fit is the key to performing well in bed. Natural remedies like healthy foods, exercise, and cutting back on smoking and alcohol intake can improve your health as well as your sex life.
- Fruits high in antioxidants, such as blueberries, can help lower your risk for heart disease.
- Dense, leafy green vegetables, like spinach, can help boost testosterone levels.
- Foods dense with B-12, such as fermented soy-based tempeh, can help improve other bodily functions that contribute to erectile health.
- Foods with L-arginine, such as oatmeal, can help relax your muscles and improve blood flow.
- Eat less fatty, fried, and processed foods as it may increase your risk that can affect your sexual health and overall well-being.
Not sure where to start?
Research suggests the Mediterranean diet is one of the best diets for ED as it can help with several underlying factors that may contribute to erectile dysfunction (ED).
Following this diet may help:
- Lower cholesterol
- Increase antioxidants
- Increase l-arginine levels
- Improve blood flow
If you are not committed to making an immediate change into a Mediterranean diet and if you would want to gradually ease into eating healthy food, start by eating more of the following:
- Vegetables like kale, spinach, and carrots
- Fruits like apples, bananas, and grapes
- Legumes like beans, lentils, and peanuts
- Tubers like potatoes and yams
- Poultry like chicken and turkey
- Dairy like cheese and greek yogurt
- Extra-virgin olive oil and avocados
- Cut back on your alcohol intake as heavy alcohol consumption is associated with a higher risk of sexual dysfunction.
- Feel free to drink more caffeine
Get at least 20 minutes of moderate exercise every day as research suggests that physical inactivity can reduce the risk of erectile function. Just 30 minutes of exercise a day can help improve blood circulation and help in weight management. Make time for cardio exercises, or consider the following moves for an at-home workout:
If you are going through the problem of erectile dysfunction even after eating healthy and staying fit, you should switch to ED medications that have little to no side effects. You should visit a doctor to provide you the right medication as per your health and underlying medication conditions. He may prescribe your Cenforce or Fildena containing Sildenafil, Vilitra, containing Vardenafil, and Vidalista or Tadalista containing Tadalafil.