Lifestyle is one of the main factors to cause erectile dysfunction. Eating healthy food such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes, exercising regularly, avoiding smoking and alcohol, and getting a good night’s sleep can help you restore your erections. All these lifestyle changes can help you get the energy and nutrients your body needs to help improve blood flow throughout your body, including your penis. And good blood flow to the penis means healthy, consistent erections.
Here are some foods that may help:
- Fruits rich in antioxidants and anthocyanins, such as blueberries, can help protect body tissues and lower your risk for heart disease, thereby reducing the risk of ED.
- Dense, leafy greens vegetables, like spinach and lettuce, can help boost testosterone levels.
- Foods rich in B-12 such as fish and eggs can help improve bodily functions that contribute to penis health.
- Foods high in L-arginine, such as oatmeal, can improve blood flow and help relax your muscles.
- Eat less fatty, fried, and processed foods
- Following a diet that’s high in fatty, fried, or processed foods may increase your risk for conditions that can affect your sexual health and overall well-being.
These conditions include:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
You may find it helpful to:
- Swap high-fat dairy products, like yogurt and milk, for low-fat versions as maintaining a healthy weight means a healthy body.
- Go for whole-grain cereals instead of processed ones.
- Avoid red processed meat and go for white meat and veggies as red meat is known to clog up arteries.
- If you don’t have enough time to cook, use simple whole foods to eat a quick, nutritious meal.
- Reduce your alcohol intake as heavy alcohol consumption is associated with a higher risk of sexual dysfunction.
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep as not getting enough sleep can lead to tiredness and can affect blood circulation.
- Try to cut back your nicotine use
You are sure to get or maintain harder erections after making lifestyle changes. But some people may not get the same results so for those people there are medications that can help to get temporarily erections. Some of these medicines such as Cenforce 150, Vidalista 40, Suhagra 100, and Kamagra 100 are safe and have few side effects.